Monday, May 21, 2007

Why NOT Me?

The message that keeps coming to me over and over through different avenues is that CONFIDENCE IS EVERYTHING.

Tonight at the gym I was thinking about how a friend of mine this morning said, "You're going to marry a super-model, dude!"

You know what my first thought was? "No, I don't deserve that. I don't have what it takes to get a woman that beautiful."

Now, understand this: That's not the first time anyone has said that to me.
But why is it that I'm quick to disbelieve other people, write statements like that off as flattery, and adopt a self-deprecating mindset?

And this is where things got a bit deeper...

I believe that the enemy tries to implant in us a sense of doubt in ourselves when we're young. And if we listen to the subtle voices that tell us what we can't do, what we're no good at, what we'll never have, then we have already accepted a great defeat; we've accepted less than what we can have, what God wants us to have!

Why shouldn't my wife be gorgeous? In fact, she should be.

And this permeates almost every other area of life: Why settle for anything but the best?

There's no good reason. So don't do it. Don't settle for anything small, second-rate, ugly, puny, meager. It's not worth you to be anything less than everything you can be.

1 comment:

DJ.N said...

She is, too... :) (Lord willing!)