Last night a bunch of us guys got together to play ultimate frisbee on the beach. The boardwalk lights flooded the near shore, and it was still hard to see the red disc. And when you dove, the sand stuck to the sweat.
Before heading to the beach we had cell group. I had what we call "Pulpit of Power," which is a three-minute segment of fire. There should have been an organ backing me up. Basically it's an opportunity for us to speak and let the other guys in the group know what God's speaking to us. I was going mainly from Matthew 11:12, "The kingdom of heaven is forcefully advancing, and those who are forceful take hold of it."
I began with a question: Where is the kingdom of God? Rightfully answering, the group said, "Everywhere, and in our hearts."
I continued by bringing in this principle from Matthew, and I supplimented it with two other verses where God shows us that He believes in us. The first verse was from Joshua in the first chapter. It was just after Moses had died, and God appointed Joshua to lead about 3 million people. God tells him to be strong and courageous, to not depart from the words of the revelation, and to be strong and courageous...again. The next reference was from 2 Timothy 1:7, "God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and a sound mind."
God believes that we can do it. We are the ones who put the limitations on our lives.
Two things about the ultimate frisbee games:
There were a couple of guys in particular that seemed to pull a few catches out of nowhere. Here's why I think they cought it: they believed they could catch it. Both of these players exude confidence, both in their ability and, I think, innately in the fact that the frisbee was designed to be caught.
At one point, we were down 4-1. I turned to the guys and said, the only way we're going to win this game is if we believe we can do it.
We came back and took the game 7-5. It was incredible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment